Thursday, August 16, 2007

Welmy the Six Shooter

Hello all, this is Welmy, my new six shooter that is both quirky and fun to use.



it has the Terionar lens (like I've heard that before ) that most likely is a Cooke-triplet design.

The most interesting feature of this camera is that it has two viewfinders (alas, no rangefinder) that allows you to do waist level (or chest level more correctly because the viewfinder is so small) and eye level compositions.

This one come with stuck shutter speed and slow speed shutter not working. After a mini-bath of denatured alcohol, everything starts to work. That's how I can do the test roll, but the next day, the shutter diaphragm becomes lazy again, so it's in queue for a Naphtha bath next.

What irked me the most about using this camera is that I always forget to advance the film, therefore making ugly multiple exposures (why can't I make good ones like the ones I usually see )

Anyways, just sharing some pictures from the test roll around the house





No comments: