Friday, January 19, 2007

What a Trip!


Launching a blog is not a big deal nowadays! And this one is about photography in general, more specifically vintage cameras and the pictures they take.

Yes, I am a camera nut, not just any cameras, though, vintage ones, almost all film (hmmm wonder why that is...?), and almost all of them made out of metal (mostly).

Why? because they are elegantly crafted, still works *well* after 20, 30, or 40 years (some of them 50), and I just dig the retro look.

Now, let's kick it off with a camera that I got last week. The Olympus 35 Trip. One of the most simple yet elegant cameras I've ever used. No fuss, no muss, no batteries to worry about, just load the film, enjoy the buttery-smooth thumb-wheel film advance and go take pictures... that is until I realize that I have to know how to use the zone focusing... effectively!

That said, this camera which was introduced in 1968 is absolutely pretty to look at (the black version is much prettier than the silver ones, and rarer also) and a joy to use.

No comments: